Saturday 5 April 2014

Mary in Blue


Hi everyone

It's challenge day over at the Kit and Clowder blog.  Our fabulous challenge sponsor this month is Whimsy Stamps. Whimsy Stamps also sponsors the K & C website and have generously donated a $15 gift certificate to the winner of this challenge! You do not need to use a whimsy stamps image to participate but there are some fabulous images over in the store to inspire you.

This month we want you to show us your Blue creations! How cool, you all know how much I luvvvvvv my blues. We just require any part of your project to be blue... we would love for you to experiment colouring Blue but if it's in your papers or embellishments that is ok too! The design team has some fabulous inspiration this month and have even listed what colours they have used in their favourite mediums to create some beautiful blue hues.

This is what I came up with using Whimsy's new Mary, isn't she just gorgeous.


The paper is my favourtie by MayaDesign Vintage Basics XX.  I have used some new Marianne Design Dies.  The first one is on protruding out on the right hand side of the image and is called Anja's Decoration (CR1271).

The wild roses, 20mm roses, lace, cheesecloth, seam binding, papers and resin butterfly can all be found in the Live and Love Craft Store.


Mary has been coloured with distress inks and for the blue I have used Weathered Wood.



  I have also used the new Marianne Design Daisy and Leaves CR1272 die to cut the little daisy's and the leaves, oh sooooo cute.


The tag and longer leaves are by Noor Design.

Have a good weekend.

Hugs Tracy x

Follow Me on Pinterest

5 comments:

Lynn (aka Lynnpenguin) said...

Oh wow Tracy, this is just stunning. I love that Mary image...how cute and takes me back to my childhood. I love the soft subtle colours and all the lovely embellishments you used. WOW !!

I am so happy to be part of the Kit and Clowder FB group and also to be taking the Skin and Hair class.

Thank you for your inspiration.

Rebecca Bradshaw said...

This is stunning, I love the adorable image and your embellishments are absolute perfection!
Rebecca.

maureensouthern said...

Just love the colours, and such a lovely image, love the little daisies . Every time you look at it you see something different. Maureen

Sue said...

Oh wowwwwwwwwwww Tracy this is amazing huggles Sue xx

Unknown said...

Awwwwwww....so adorable! Fantastic colouring and I suppose I don't need to mention that I loooooove this blue?! My birthday is coming up soon...;-)

Hugz, Sandy
Owner & Operator @ Live & Love Crafts