Monday 31 March 2014

Altered Vintage Clock


Helloooooo Everyone,

I am soooooo uber excited to share my project with you today.  I love 3D projects and I think this one just has to be my favourite so far.  Angie from Little Darlings Rubber Stamps needed some PR work doing , but it had to be items around the house.  I have loved the idea of altering a clock for sometime now, so this was my chance and I grabbed it.  The clock is a station clock and is actually double sided.

I knew I had the theme of Numerals coming up for my DT project for LLC so I have combined the two and this is what I have come up with...............


I painted over the metalwork with white gesso and added some aged rose frantage.  You may recognise the paper on the inside of the clock as being MayaDesign Autumn Basics II .  I used the fabulous Mini Roman Numerals that Sandy has in store and don't they look just perfect....in fact the paper couldn't have been more perfect with the little clock on the left hand side too.



The image is called Puppy Love by Little Darlings Rubber Stamps and if your in the UK you can grab her from BunnyZoe. I added some wooden fencing which is from the Ribbon Girl but unfortunately can no longer be sourced.  I added some flower spray, rose buds, wild rose in dusky pink, hortesanias, cheese cloth and a prima embellishment.  I have added Marianne Design Swirl Leaves.


Did you notice the lace beading ion the inside.  I airbrushed  them with my copic marker E43 to make them cream and stuck them to the inside perimeter of the clock.  The large cream flower and the pink stars and pearls are from Crafts and Me.


On the top you will notice the flower arrangement, this time including a beaded berry and cascading down the right hand side some 2mm string pearls and also the 3mm and 5mm cream string pearls.  You can also see on the top left a PionDesign butterfly from the Studio of Memories cut out sheet and finished with a range pen nib.



All the way around the clock I have used the cream tulle, so shabby and perfect for my clock.  The sentiment stuck to the metal framework was pretty apt, "A Time Forever Etched in our hearts and memories", sums up time and a clock pretty well I think.  This was cut from the MayaDesign Autumn Vintage Basics XX sheet.

On the top right you will also see a little prima trinket with the word inspire.  Sandy doesn't have this exact one in store but you might want to check out what Sandy does have HERE as they are always handy to have in your stash.

The cogs that I added next to the numbers II and III have been coated in white picket fence crackle paint.



I hope I have inspired you to alter something.

Hugs Tracy x


Follow Me on Pinterest

12 comments:

Unknown said...

that clock is amazing! So unbelievably beautiful!Love all the layers and distress work!

Ribbon Girl said...

Fabulous piece of work Tracy!! hugs Mary x

Sande said...

Tracy, this is Astounding! !absolutely stunning project!
Hugs, Sande xx

Christina C. said...

OMG....an incredibly gorgeous work of art, Tracy!!!!!

Becky said...

Absolutely beautiful.
Hugs,
Becky x

maureensouthern said...

Really lovely, just love it. Maureen

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

Oh woooow, your clock is jaw droppingly gorgeous. So many lush layers and so much tempting detail - stunning work, Tracy! xxx

Marina said...

Wow! This is absolutely stunning! I love it!

Hugs,
Marina

Liz's creative corner said...

Wow wow wow hun this is truly gorgeous, loving the gorgeous detail, so beautiful, hugs Liz xx

Linsey R said...

OH my word, I'm drooling all over my keyboard! This piece is jaw-dropping gorgeous!!! What a major inspiration!!! Now I want to find a clock in my house to alter lol!!! Can't imagine it turning out half as stunning as this though, wow!!! A true work of art and something to be cherished :) TFS!!!

Unknown said...

Magnificient! An incredible alteration; not that I know what the clock looked like from the beginning but I sure know it's beautiful now!:-) Gorgeous colours and decorations; the tulle gives it a wonderful dreamy shabby look.

Hugz, Sandy
Owner & Operator @ Live & Love Crafts

Anonymous said...

Love this! I saw it on Facebook as a mutual friend had commented on it. I just had to tell you myself how much I adore it. Although, one in red & white would go better in my lounge ;) Totally amazing! xx