Monday 29 July 2013

Sweet Angels

Hello Everyone,

Well I'm off on my little holiday today, the weather has cooled but I really don't mind, it will be a nice break with some fun along the way too.

Today is my DT card for Live and Love Crafts and this is the last week that the team will be following a more relaxed theme of Anything Goes whilst we have our little holidays.  I have made an Easel card and these style of cards are never easy to get a good picture but I can tell you that in real life, I absolutely love how it has turned out and really for me its not as fussy as usual, so my style had a little holiday too.

I have taken advantage again of the anything goes theme and designed another Christmas Card.  I have used one of those gorgeous black and white Vintage Angel images from Inkido and framed them using the wonderful new Marianne Design Vintage Dies.  I have actually used two, Petra's Bridge and Petra's Fence, aren't they amazing.

The beautiful papers are by Maja Design, I do love Maya papers, I could drool for hours over these but alas I have to cut into them at some point, all links as usual are at the bottom of the post.  I have edged with weathered wood distress ink using the blending tool, I think I actually use this tool every time I made a card in some way, shape or form, definitely a very handy little tool.  I have also added some shabby white frantage and I think this looks fabulous normally but even more so on your christmas cards.




I used the Tim Holtz Holly die for the holly leaves, added some weathered wood distress ink and a touch of the shabby white frantage, don't the leaves look cool. I also added a pine cone and some Kort and Godt berries to the centre but gave both the berries and the cone some Gesso treatment for that wintery feel.

Because I knew it would be difficult to shut because of the depth of my cone/berry arrangement I added a 1cm spine into the crease of the card.  Because of this the card lent itself to being photographed in this way, you learn something new every day, lol.


So this is how it looks folded and below is a picture of how it looks opened.  I added a little pocket and slot a tag into, finished off with some of Sandy's magical Vintage Seam Binding, a must have.




Here's a close up of the holly leaves arrangement.


And here's a close up of those sweet Angels.  I know lots of you start your Christmas cards off in July and this sheet will help you make them a lot quicker and with a beautiful result.




The snowflake border was made using the Whimsy Snowflake Die, again another of my favourite dies.

Hugs Tracy x

Follow Me on Pinterest


9 comments:

Kelly Lloyd said...

Have a great holiday Tracey, you card is so beautiful,
Hugs Kelly

Sue said...

This is stunning Tracy. I love the vintage image, gorgeous icy colours and amazing detailing.
I hope you have a wonderful holiday
hugs Sue xx

Carol Willis said...

Absolutely stunning Tracy. Love the use of that border die. Just GORGEOUS.
Hugs
Caz x

Blankina said...

So pretty!!
Enjoy your holidays..

HUgs Blankina

Kelly said...

Oh So soft and gorgeous hues of blue! I love the die cuts and how you made the front of the card. I also love the pocket tucked inside. So pretty. Enjoy your holiday, you deserve one!!!
Hugs Kelly

Words and Pictures said...

So deliciously frosty - another beauty. Hope you have a great holiday.
Alison x

Unknown said...

Surprise! Look who's here!!! I thought I'd make an effort to stay on top with my commenting this month...knowing myself this resolution will last for about two days, but hey you can't blame me for not trying, LOL. Not at all your usual style, Tracy, but nonetheless very beautiful. So frosty, classy and elegant. And yes I scrolled by the links to the dies in rapid speed!

Have a great holiday.
Hugz, Sandy

Turwen said...

This card is so beautiful!!!! Like a dream!!!! Wonderful!!!!

Hugs!

Unknown said...

Love, love, love your creation!! sooooo beautiful.
Jasmina